Monday, April 19, 2010

Courtney's Cupcakes & Cookies



I'm thinking about starting a home-based baking business in North Carolina. I love to bake, so why not try to make it into a business? My idea is either cookies or cupcakes. I like "Courtney's Cupcakes". I would deliver locally or have pick-up orders. I'd maybe have a tasting party every so often to let people taste my delicious creations and spread the word. I could also maybe sell my product at local farmer's markets. Or sell them at a church cafe.

North Carolina allows for home kitchens to be licensed for business so I wouldn't even need to rent a commercial kitchen space to be legal. In order to have your home kitchen approved you need to not have any pets, have a municipal water supply, & be subject to occasional inspections. Those who know me will know that I am definitely not a pet person, so no concerns there.

Hmmm...


Right now it's just an idea, but I might start working on cake & icing recipes. Anyone have some good recipes to share? I'll buy some new baking equipment & piping bags... I'm excited already! :)

Even if I don't run with the business idea or if I do and it fails, at least family & friends will get some yummy baked goods out of the idea.


What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. I'd like to volunteer to be your taste-tester! Feel free to bring sample when you come to Ames next week!

    ReplyDelete