Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Update on life in NC

Well, we are finally feeling settled in NC. We are very happy with our new apartment. Our pool feels like we're at a resort & we are appreciating the extra space in our apartment. Not to mention we have a washer & dryer inside our unit. One thing that is bothering me though is that they don't have recycling for the community. There are a few recycle buckets in the common areas, but not out by the trash cans. Being from CA I cannot throw my recycling into the trash, so I have found a local dump that recycles & will be driving to drop off our recycling every week or two. It is a bit of a pain, but I feel like I'm helping to save the planet. :)

As far as work, I have reached out to a couple of ballet schools. I taught a ballet class for the advanced level at the Raleigh School of Ballet. The dancers were beautiful & I would love to be a part of their faculty. The owner knows Ms.Magda, my fabulous ballet teacher & coach in FL, and remembered me from when I danced at the Regional Dance America (SERBA) as a teenager. I will be teaching some Saturday advanced level classes & adult ballet classes. There may also be some summer teaching opportunities.
I will also be teaching this summer at North Carolina Dance Institute. I'll be a guest teacher for a few ballet classes during their summer program.

Things are going well & we feel so blessed to be here. Dave's level III CFA exam in on June 5th. Please pray that it goes well.

I'm now off to the pool to get some sun. Come visit us whenever you can. We have a new pull-out couch that is comfy & we love having guests. We'll be having a small house (apt) warming party on June 12th. If you're in or near the area, stop on by.

Best, Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment