Saturday, June 11, 2011

He's Here!

Tyler Kenneth Teas was born on 6/7/11 at 8:39am 
weighing 8lbs 9oz & measuring 21 3/4cm.

Birth Story:

We started Monday morning by waking up early to watch the sunrise over the ocean.  We began Tuesday morning by welcoming our baby boy into the world.  We are overwhelmed by God's beauty and blessings.

On Monday evening I was having regular contractions, which wasn't uncommon because I had been having frequent contractions for weeks.  We decided to go for a short walk around our complex, then I laid down & tried to relax.  The contractions were coming regularly & were increasing in intensity.  I insisted we wait to go to the hospital because I didn't want to be in pre-term labor & be sent home.  (Which had happened 2 weeks earlier).  Suddenly I heard a "pop" which made me jump up & shout that it was time to go.  We gathered our things & jumped in the car, only to turn around a minute later because we forgot our birthing ball.  I ran inside to quickly use the bathroom & by the time I was back at the car my water had broken & began leaking.  Dave hit the gas & we were off.  He even ran a red light.  :)  We arrived at the hospital at around 9:30pm and were quickly admitted to a room in labor & delivery.  My contractions began to increase in intensity, but I was still only dilated 2 cm.  I labored for about 8 hours before the pain became more than I could handle.  I received an epidural & by then I was 9 cm... almost there.  The final three hours were a bit more bearable.  He came out after about 6 pushes.  David was an awesome coach, despite being totally exhausted himself.  As soon as Tyler was placed on my chest, the 11 hours of labor seemed far off in the distance.  We remained in the hospital until Thursday afternoon.  We're now home & getting used to being a family of three.

Tyler is healthy and beautiful.  We feel so very blessed. 




No comments:

Post a Comment